Online Services

Having a SystmOnline accounts allow you to access a range of GP services via your computer, mobile or tablet. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:

  • Book or cancel appointments online
  • Renew or order repeat prescriptions online
  • View parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results

You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, however accessing services online has been found to be more convenient and time saving for patients.

More information including is available at

SystmOne App for smart phones

You can now download the SystemOnline App for your smart phones. To download this app click on the link below:

Please note: you need to be registered with online services in order to log into the app.

How to sign-up

For more information, please contact reception or next time you visit the surgery, bring with you one form of photographic ID (e.g. passport, driving licence) and something with your address on like a bank statement or utility bill. If you don’t have any of these, please talk to us and we will try to find a solution which will enable you to sign up.

See our SystmOnline Patient Information Leaflet.

NHS England have also produced their own information leaflets for patients. View them here:

To register for online services please attend the surgery in person with a form of photographic ID and proof of address and speak to a receptionist. You may complete the SystmOnline Registration Form before hand if you wish. 

Please Note: For issues relating to patient confidentiality we are only able to register patients over the age of 16- if a parent wants access to their child's record, they must fill in a Child Online Registration Form, show the Child's Birth Certificate and two forms of ID for their identity (parents). Access will cease on the day of the child's 12th birthday.

Once the child reaches the age of 12 they can choose for their parent/guardian to continue to manage their account in which case they will need to complete a Child Online Proxy form and sign to say that they have read and understood the information leaflet. At the age of 13 the child can choose to have their own account. If the child decides that they do not want their parent/guardian to have access or that they want their own account they will need to have a Gillick Competency assessment with a clinician.

Requesting Access to your Detailed Coded and Full records

You can now access your Detailed Coded records via online services. This is your full coded medical records held on our clinical IT system and does not include documents or any free-text information.

From April 2020 we are now also offering access to Full Online access. New patients registering with the practice will be offered Full Online Access to prospective information, starting from the date of their registration. Existing patients will be offered Full Online Access to prospective information and also information dating back to April 2019. 

In addition to Detailed Coded access, access to full record includes free text consultation notes, test results and documents i.e clinic letters, hospital discharge letters, referral letters etc. 

If you require access to your historical paper records this must be requested as a Subject Access Request to Practice Management.

In order to obtain access to your Detailed Coded or Full records online, you need to read the access to medical records online form This states all you need to know about accessing your record. Once this has been read and understood, if you still want to obtain access, you need to complete the attached request form. Your notes will then be checked by a member of our admin team and access will be given within 30 days. 

The practice will not allow online access to detailed coded/full record information if it is deemed that it may cause physical and/or mental harm to the patient or a third party.

Request for rectification of a Health Record

We as your healthcare providers are committed to ensuring the integrity and accuracy of our patient data. You, as the patient, have the right to query the accuracy of the data held about you within your health record and request for it to be corrected, removed, or amended. This is known as the ‘right to rectification’.

How To Query Your Data

To exercise your right to query, you need to inform the surgery that you are querying the accuracy of your data and want it corrected. Our surgery has a form for you to complete that will begin the process to review, research and, if necessary, amend your health record.

On the form you should:

  • State clearly what you believe is inaccurate or incomplete
  • Explain how you wish the surgery to correct it, and
  • Where available, provide evidence of the inaccuracies.

Please note, we can only accept third party requests for children or from individuals who have Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) for the patient.

When the surgery is asked to correct/amend data, we take reasonable steps to investigate whether the data is accurate and will be able to demonstrate we have done so. To do this it should consider your arguments and any evidence you provide.

The surgery will then contact you and either:

  • Confirm it has corrected, deleted, or amended, or
  • inform you we cannot change the data and explain why we believe the data is accurate.

Both your query and our response will be placed in your health record and any further correspondence concerning the query as well.

Can We Refuse To Comply With a Request For Rectification?

A surgery can refuse to comply with a request for rectification if it believes that the request is what the law calls “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. In reaching this decision, we can take into account whether the request is repetitive.  This is not the same as requesting the outcome be reviewed after the initial request has been processed.

In either case, we will notify you to explain our decision.

How Long Will The Processing of My Query Take?

A surgery has one month to respond to your request. In certain circumstances we may need extra time to consider your request and can take up to an extra two months. If this is the case, we will let you know within one month that we require more time and why. 

Will there be a fee?

No, we will not charge for this. 

If You Are Dissatisfied With The Outcome

Sometimes, you may disagree with information written in your record, but the information could still be factually correct. For example, you may disagree with a diagnosis you were given in the past. Whilst you can still ask us to amend the entry that you feel is inaccurate, we should not change it if the healthcare professional believes it is factually correct. There are exceptions to this, for example, where there is a court order.

In cases where all parties agree that the information is inaccurate, it may still be necessary to retain the information. For example, healthcare professionals may have taken the information into consideration when making decisions about treatment or care. This information would therefore be needed to justify and explain health and treatment decisions or to audit the quality of care received. You can, however, request for a comment or entry to be made in the record to show that you disagree with the content and what you think it should say.

If you are unhappy with the decision of any healthcare organisation to retain information and you still wish to have it deleted there are some steps, you can take. 

In the first instance, you should make a formal complaint through the practice complaints process which is available from our website or at reception.

Having done so, if you remain dissatisfied you may consider making a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) 

If you wish to request a rectification of a health record, please complete the form and hand it in to us at reception. Identity will need to be confirmed, ideally by photographic evidence such as a passport or driving licence but, if not available, by two written pieces of evidence which confirm your address.